About Alabama Injury Laws And Your Claim

Alabama has a statute of limitations like every other state. When it comes to filing a personal injury lawsuit with help from a good https://www.expertlaw.com/profile/henry-dailey,the time limit is two years from the date of your injury. However,if a minor is involved in an accident and injured,the time limit only begins when they turn 19. If you do not file a claim within the two-year period,the court will refuse to take your case,and you may also forfeit your right to claim compensation. Therefore it is absolutely crucial that you abide by the statute of limitations.

The state of Alabama makes use of the shared fault law. So they still follow the contributory negligence rule,and this basically states that if you are found to be at fault for the accident,irrespective of how trivial or small your part was in the accident,you will not be able to receive compensation. For example,if the jury finds that you are 5% at fault while the other person is 95% at fault,you will still not recover compensation for your injuries. Therefore,with laws as harsh as these in Alabama,it is suggested that you hire the services of an experienced auto accident attorney. There may be another way to approach the personal injury lawsuit or perhaps you can choose to settle out of court before going to trial.

The good news is that the state of Alabama does not impose caps or limitations on the amount of compensation you can receive. Damage caps are only applied to punitive damages.

If you are a dog owner in the state of Alabama,you need to abide by the strict liability law. This means that if your dog injures anyone else,under any circumstances,you are liable for compensation. This is what you should know regarding Alabama Injury Laws and Your Claim.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

-